Black Beauty Diaries

Monday, October 10, 2011

Poem "Pierce My Heart"

Pierce my heart with Novocaine
To this feeling of love, that brings me pain.
Your soul whispers to mine,
And at times I can't maintain.
I scream! 
"Let it go, Let it out"
When I believed in us
And you
Yes, you had your doubts
Why do I sit here and pout?
Ponder often wondering about
What could have been
What's left in my heart are
Used memories
over and over again.
Is it waste I've placed in my recycling bin?
You sailed on my ocean,
But I'm about to get a second wind.
Refusing my heart from the start
Down to the very end.
Examine your soul, then tell me why you're so cold.
Am I supposed to bend down backwards?
Kill the Queen in me and fold.
No! I did not ask to love.
It just happened
Peirce my heart with Novocaine
Just remember to,
wipe my tears with napkins.

It was a rare intoxication,
Like an alcoholic beverage
with no reaction.
Deserving Not
Of that which was,
A soul mate attraction.
Truth is only half the fraction.
Love does not wait on
Lights, Camera, Action!
Proving in and out, over and under
Imperfections.
Through struggles or successes
Right down to the so called
Recessions...
Penetrate my heart for me
To learn these lessons.
That the feelings I had for you
gave me Novocaine expressions!


Poem By~ Regina Ross












No comments:

Post a Comment