Black Beauty Diaries

Sunday, December 4, 2011

*

"Wealth The Gift Wrap"
I say die, while they scream live!
If I'm considered an ugly bitch
Then it's a fuck I won't give.
This pain of life, hits me with strife.
Causing everything around me
To doubt what's right.
And if I'm awake 
They tell me not to give a fuck.
If I don't waddle with rubber bands in my pockets
I look like a duck.
Only because I'm captured, by what I see
And it leaves me stuck.
Targeting me like a dart game
Just to hit the middle, 
Chosen to listen to God,
when he tells me to duck!
My soul is not to be had
By what's bad.
Learned from this game,
Still could name the sad.
Better yet the lame.
The work is done
When God puts my foes to shame.
There's no one to blame,
but yourself when the worship of wealth
Comes before knowledge of self.
The writings part of my soul
I just can't help.
It's a "gift" so I guess money
can't buy my wealth!

By: Regina Ross

No comments:

Post a Comment