Black Beauty Diaries

Sunday, June 10, 2012

"The Living Goddess" Book By: Linda Johnsen *My Review


"The Living Goddess" By: Linda Johnsen

I have to say that is book was one of the most inspiring books and highly enlightening, I stumbled upon this book not expecting it was going to bring me some of the most important answers I needed as a woman, "As a Goddess". I would have to say it was meant for me to read. It was so divine how my was path drawn out to attain this particular book. The Living Goddess was written by Linda Johnsen, this is a spiritual book, a guide to live with God more intimately.  You have to understand that everything has a history, it's a big world out here so why not find out the mysteries of Who YOU are? Through many Hindu traditions as well as others one of my favorites being the Egyptians taught the acknowledgement of The Mother Of the Universe. To my surprise she is everywhere alive in you and me as we go through day to day life it's hard to realize this when society and other influences try to pull the wool over your eyes. Mother Earth is always producing giving and taking life for the full circle of life to be fulfilled.  Like, the Goddess Lakshmi who is always associated with her husband a God Vishnu, he was knowledge and she was understanding, the very ying to her yang. I love their story because it teaches even though they were together they act on their own. There is a widely accepted myth that all human societies should consider the male principle active and the female principle passive! One does not work without the other this world is based upon True or False and Yes or No rarely no vivid details just black and white because it's easier to make you comfortable thinking that way. This book not only lists the many Goddesses who were forgotten and wiped out for Western Culture reasons, but it also extends the explanation of  why it's important to raise self-awareness in such confusing times as these. It teaches meditation methods that the yogis use to free yourself from the cycle of karma. Which goes along with be careful what you think  it's almost just as bad as acting upon it. So we have to learn how to carry out our rightful responsibilities in this world without polluting by claiming any award. I have several things I can talk about with this book it is so enlightening, for instance the explanation of  when a male devote makes love to a woman, he should free his mind from lust, contemplating her beauty as my own and her soul as my own self. It goes on to say For him, sexual union should be a glorious meditation on the Goddess. The pleasure he experiences is; my pleasure let him recognize this.A woman should envision her lover as the Lord himself, perfect and blissful. Of course you can't connect with everybody like this because in lust it has an beginning and end. Just enjoyment based on the conscious acknowledgement of my all pervading  perfection is endless. There are some phenomenal word passages that became poetry to my soul as I read them, directly spoken from the Goddess herself. The most intriguing story that caught my interest was how much love Lila had for her husband, and how she called upon Goddess Sarasvati for some pretty unbelievable request, granted she was very devoted and Sarasvati appeared to show her compassion and explain to Lila the power of consciousness. The Living Goddess reveals some breathtaking knowledge towards the end of the book it gives explanation of the Goddess and how deception began in the Garden of Eden. When I saw "Elohim" by way of Adam and Eve I knew these were some of the big answers I was looking for. This book was liberating with hidden information most people don't want you to know which is why it's history was thrown out and basically dominated to the belief system of what "THEY" want you to believe. I made a vow to myself that "THUNDER, PERFECT MIND" would be the very script I say to myself everyday! It was preserved among the manuscripts found in Egypt, it represents the Goddess Isis. I have come to realize she is in me and I am in her the power to give life, still my thoughts, meditate, and be against all the odds in the world but still remain in knowledge, wisdom, strength, and beauty without an ounce of doubt because I know who I AM....Do you know who YOU are?  I will read this book again and again just because it encourages and inspires acknowledging the transformation I feel growing inside of me everyday as I reclaim the tradition of  The Mother Universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment